Saturday, December 3, 2011

Trying to catch up a bit....

Argh I haven't posted in quite a while. I'm way behind in the photo challenge and it doesn't look like I'll finish it this year, or maybe I will I haven't really given it much thought lately. I've been uninspired for the past couple of months with dolls. I do tend to go in phases so maybe that's just what it is (I hope). I sort of feel like I've come to the end of the line with my doll hobby, nothing knew has really come out that has really excited me and really how many dolls, clothes, wigs and shoes do you really need. I've got so many now I can't even remember who I've got and who I haven't. For a while there Re-Ment reignited my love of photography and introduced me to a whole new world of tiny dolls but now I'm bored with that too. It's an awful feeling, feeling unmotivated and uninspired it feels so lifeless and stagnant. When I look back on this year of dolls it's almost bittersweet, so wonderful being published in Dolly Dolly magazine and my photography skills have definitely improved from when I first started but in contrast now I've fallen flat on my face and can't seem to get up. It's not that I don't love dolls anymore, or that I've stopped buying them. Just in the last month I've received four new full dolls and one head. But I haven't done anything with them at all, one still has no hands and feet on as she came out of the box, they are just sitting there waiting. I did give the card thing a go and I still like it just can't be bothered doing it really. Still have some card/paper projects I'd like to do just don't know where to start. I almost feel like someone needs to give me a big hard slap and wake me up, it's odd. I think I am going to try my hardest and catch up on the photo challenge. I've come so far to just let it fall by the way side now, it would be such a shame. And I love a challenge and theres nothing like a deadline to give you that little push to get moving ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment