Sunday, June 9, 2013

So I'm going through the Kaye Wiggs bug at the moment. Totally obsessed, looking only at KW dolls on Flickr, scouring every marketplace I can find for dolls for sale and reading as much info about them on the net as I can. This for me, is just as much fun as actually buying a doll. 

Then I got to thinking that I totally forget about all the other beautiful dolls I already have. So I'm setting myself a little challenge. I am going to take a photo each week of each and every one of my dolls. I must change their clothes, try a different wig and eyes (because it's too easy to just take them off the shelf as is and take a few snaps). I think this will be a good way to reignite my doll love and hopefully a good way of sorting through clothes, wigs and shoes etc. Some pics might be taken with my phone and some with my big camera, what ever I feel like or have time for on the day. 

I feel like I've lost a bit of my creative edge lately, haven't felt very inspired by anything. Time to change that, I'm definitely happier if I'm creating something.  

The last couple of weeks it's been all about my new girl (KW Blue Koneko) Clara. I took a couple of pics of her in the garden and she is wearing a beautiful little dress by Lillilace that I bought probably a year ago and it's sat in a box waiting for the right doll to wear it. 



Its weird because I never really paid much attention to Koneko when I first got into KW dolls a couple of years ago. It was all about fair skin human Miki back then, I wanted her so bad but never got her and then sort of forgot about them. Then I saw a pc of Koneko by Nimrod Masquerade I think her username is on flick and I thought wow she is amazing! I loved her eyes and mouth and the blue skin was so perfect for her. As if it was meant to be I looked at DoA marketplace and there for sale was a Blue Koneko. I put her on layaway and was a bit worried that when I did get her home I wouldn't like her but I couldn't have been more wrong. I don't think I realised just how lucky I was to find this girl on the secondary marketplace. Obviously I do now and she is just so precious to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment