Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dolly*Dolly

I feel like the white rabbit in wonderland this week, running late and trying to catch up! Must be because I've had the girls off sick for most of the week. It's been a bad couple of weeks health wise for everyone in our family :o( Thankfully we are over the worst of it now and are on the mend.

So no time for pictures this week for the photo challenge, or was it last week? I am all mixed up and need to work out what week we are on. Sick kids has thrown my whole routine out the window!

Had some wonderful mail this week!! At the end of June I was contacted by a lovely person from the Japanese doll magazine Dolly*Dolly, they were going to be doing an article on animal bjd and wanted to use some of my Pipos photos. I was over the moon to say the least!! I didn't want to get my hopes up too much just incase they didn't use the pics but then I got an email a couple of weeks ago saying my complimentary magazine was on it's way, which could only mean one thing, they did use my pics!!





I've never seen a Dolly*Dolly mag before, it's really cool, loads of dolls in it. Just wish I could read Japanese! lol. Can anyone recommend any good English doll magazines? I used to love Hautedoll and then that folded and ended up as a section in Doll Reader. I like doll magazines, I remember when I used to scour the newsagents for the Barbie Bazaar mag many years ago. I had never even heard of bjds back then, so barbies were it for me and I never told anyone about my doll hobby let alone blog about it lol. Were talking late 90's here I guess, maybe bjds hadn't been invented back then or only just starting to be developed at Volks??? It's weird now I feel like I've come out of the closet about my dolls, like putting doll stuff on Facebook, I would never have done that a few years ago. Now I'm like, love me - love my dolls lol. It's part of who I am :o)

Speaking of Facebook, do all bad bloggers go to Facebook? lol

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow - they wanted to use some of your photos? Now that is one fine compliment. I don't know any good doll mags, as I never get any, but its awesome that you are now that settled into your dolly habit. Its good for the soul! :D

    ReplyDelete